VW BEETLE, BEETLE SALOON 1962-64
EVO-STIK SPRAY ADHESIVE
Part No: CK999 CARPET UK Only!
|£ 7.49||£ 8.99||€ 9.05||$ 12.28|
|(excluding VAT)||(including VAT)||(estimate)||(estimate)|
This is the top of the range spray glue that we use in our factory to make all our trim products on a day to day basis. We recommend you use spray glue to fit your Newton products to your car (where applicable). You will mainly use this product to fit underfelt and carpets to your floor pan. You can also use it for fitting your foams to the frames and then the seat covers to the foams. This adhesive can also be used for day to day jobs around the house. Its a full 500ml can, wrapped in bubble wrap for safe transport. Please note that we are unable to send this product outside the UK.
INTERIOR TRIM PRODUCTS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING SPRAYABLE CONTACT ADHESIVE
Before using any sprayable chemical product ensure that the work area is well ventilated and that in a confined space it is recommended that the operator should wear an approved respiratory face mask and appropriate eye and skin protection as per the instructions on the can.
- When gluing trim materials directly to a metal surface. Ensure that the metal is clean, free from rust, dust or any loose material. Clean off any deposits of previously applied adhesive using a Glue & Tar remover (Not White Spirit or Methylated Spirit) and allow the surface to dry thoroughly.
- When gluing materials together where one or both have an absorbent or fibrous surface. (Foams, vinyls, fabrics etc.) The following guidelines should be considered.
- Bear in mind that when using an adhesive spray can, most of the material that flows through the nozzle is solvent (used for thinning down the adhesive to make it sprayable) and propellant. So where a strong bond is required we recommend that you first spray both surfaces where required, so that an even coat of adhesive is visible. This will provide a key.
- When the first coat of adhesive is dry (usually after approx 15 minutes, depending upon ambient temperature) spray both surfaces again. This will ensure that you have sufficient adhesive in place.
- Please be aware that by using this technique you will give the adhesive its maximum performance but that you will need to position the material very carefully before contacting the two surfaces as once together they will not come apart without damage.